If you’re looking for rolling hills, expansive horse farms, and small town charm, Carroll County has all this and more! Known for its rich history and rural atmosphere, the county’s suburban areas are growing as Baltimore commuters discover all this area has to offer. Over 150 miles of biking and hiking trails, award winning wineries and farmers markets, historical walking tours and charming main streets will keep you busy year-round.
Carroll County is home to…
- Liberty Reservoir, Piney Run Lake and many other outdoor recreation areas
- Historical sites including Carroll County Farm Museum, Union Mills Homestead and Grist Mill, and Western Maryland Railway Museum
- Wine Trails, the Barn Quilt Trail, Historical Walking Tours and quaint main streets with antique shops, boutiques and restaurants
- Pick-your-own farms, farmer’s markets and plenty of fun family farm events
- Top employers: Carroll Hospital Center, McDaniel College and Jos. A Bank Clothiers