Caruso Homes, Inc., an award winning regional residential homebuilder located in Crofton, Maryland is currently seeking a Purchasing Manager for their Corporate Purchasing Department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing all facets of estimating, contracting, and vendor relations. The candidate will also be responsible for ensuring the highest level of operational integrity is being met while working collaboratively with internal and external partners.
- Target trades and recruit vendors and manage vendor bid requests in support of vendor solicitation process.
- Prepare, review, and approve bid packages and award presentations, resolve questions, conduct vendor negotiations, and make recommendations to management in support of vendor selection.
- Review Regional contracts and communicate contract requirements to selected vendors.
- Manage maintenance of vendor, contract, and product information such as vendor utilization, prequalification, model bill of materials, universal and model specific option bill of materials, etc.
- Monitor vendor utilization, manage vendor evaluation process, review and communicate vendor performance, and resolve vendor performance disputes.
- Manage dispute resolution process for assigned trades and communities for crisis and non-crisis situations.
- Maintain construction cost estimates by geographic location for proforma purposes and report monthly.
- Support community planning and set up through identification of community requirements and timing, vendor selection, vendor validation and costing, and dissemination of community specific information (model schedules, specifications, etc.).
- Manage and oversee community information system set up and required documentation.
- Coordinate scope of work, details, and take-offs with Production.
- Maintain reliable pool of vendors available for all assigned trades.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Community Builders, field Associates, Purchasing Award Committee, and vendor partners to facilitate efficient decision-making and purchasing processes.
- Manage and facilitate quarterly performance evaluations with communities and vendors.
- Manage and facilitate the identification of new products (i.e., models and options) and services to improve product quality and reduce costs.
- Maintain the integrity of the contract bid, negotiation and award processes.
- Ensure that purchasing policy and procedures are accurately followed by Purchasing Associates, Community Management, and vendors.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or similar discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in Purchasing/Procurement activities in the construction industry.
- Ability to read complex documentation containing financial, technical and administrative data.
- Ability to effectively communicate (oral/written) such information to all levels of management. .
- Knowledge of construction process, materials and blueprint reading.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with key people in internal and external organizations. Knowledge of BuilderMT or Timberline preferred, but not required